Monday, February 17, 2014

Now That's a Keeper

I discovered this photo of my husband, Terry, and me in an old album. I love this little spot at Disneyland, perhaps because of the memory of that day.

That photo was taken in the fall of 1983. Here's the back story. Terry was just starting his first year of dental school, and I was about to start my last year of college. So what did we do? We drove down to LA from Northern California, picked up my Grandma and her sister, my Great Aunt Ruth, and took them to Disneyland. Now that's a keeper, ladies, a man who spends his free time entertaining his girlfriend and her elderly relatives.

That's pretty much a typical example of my guy. All those little things that he does that make me feel loved. Like calling me to tell me about some cute little critter in our yard because he wants to share. Making me go to the gym with him in the mornings. That time that he was outside in the cold one Sunday night getting our SUV ready for me to take to the mountains with my girlfriends when he would be going to work the next day.

So, no, it's not jewelry, candy, cars (well, ok I DO like my car). It's all that other stuff.

Thank you, Terry, for loving me and putting up with me for 34 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment